Answer: The original classic design features a 6 prong style head on a plain shank. The term classic is widely used in the industry to describe a solitaire setting that features a 6 prong setting. Modern variations now consist of 6 prong and 4 prong heads that are referred to as the classic style. Typically a 6 prong setting will be recommended for a larger size diamond and a 4 prong setting will accommodate smaller sized stones as well as square shaped diamonds.
Here are some of Brian Gavin's 6 Prong classic style rings:
- 5351 – The traditional classic style 6 prong solitaire in 14K white and yellow gold as well as platinum
- 5336 – Our rendition of the classic style 6 prong knife edge in 18K white, yellow, and/or rose gold. Also available in platinum.
- 5478 – classic Style 6 prong solitaire with a 2mm half round band in 18K white, yellow, and/or rose gold. Also available in platinum.
- 5540 – Classic 6 prong classic Style solitaire with 2mm half round band tapering to 1.8mm at the top in 18K white, yellow, and/or rose gold. Also available in platinum.
- 5509 – Contains the classic 6 prong classic head on top of our popular 3/4 eternity fishtail pave setting.